I guess I could have put more information up about the acid reflux that the girls are experiencing... It's relatively common as a minor issue with babies, mostly premature and multiples (i.e. twins!), peaks at about 4 months and they grow out of it by the end of their first year. Usually by 7 months it's under control since by that time they'll be eating solid foods and the heavier food isn't as likely to reflux. They just have an immature digestive system. Most of the time no treatment is required, but in Bekah's case, they're going to check on it further to make sure there isn't any damage to her esophagus, stomach, etc. Basically, if the reflux is mild it can't really be treated directly, but we can give her things that help make her more comfortable until she outgrows it. She's been referred to a specialist at Children's Hospital, so hopefully we can get in there soon and have them confirm the diagnosis and treatment. Being breastfed is a major plus for Kimberly and Rebekah, so hopefully their weight will take off again soon. Let me know if I forgot to mention anything, since if you have a question, I'm sure lots of other readers will as well.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment