Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I wanted to get the ultrasound pictures up for everyone last night and then I was in too great a need for sleep to finish up telling you all about what's going on. My last day of work is tomorrow so that I can concentrate on being a good incubator to my parasites full-time. Last night was also the first session for the Bradley classes that Marty and I are taking this summer. Even though with the twins my chance of c-section is higher, we want to be fully educated in husband-coached natural birth so when Twin A decides it's time to come out, we will be ready! Hopefully Twin B will be as adequately ready for arrival when A is. = ) For those of you who aren't sure why Twin A would be in charge - it's because Twin A is lower in my belly and will be the first to exit when it comes time.

I'm working really hard on getting lots of protein. Our Bradley instructor put it a good way: body builders eat a lot of protein to build their bodies, so pregnant women need to for the same reason - you are literally building a body. (Or two in my case!) I haven't been counting grams, but according to the doctor at the ultrasound yesterday since the babies and myself are all doing fine, I just need to keep doing what I'm doing. Which means I'm going to keep doing my modified kickboxing to get some activity in and eating lots. :) And I'll be getting more sleep once I can get naps in on weekdays in addition to weekends. If anyone else reading this is expecting twins, definitely get Dr. Barbara Luke's book: "When you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads." Lots of good info for what it takes to carry more than one baby!

I feel a lot more of the twins' activity now.. they were especially active during the ultrasound yesterday - they must have thought it was playtime! "Avoid the wand" was more like it! They couldn't be 100% sure of the genders because of their positioning (Twin A had closed legs), so the mystery remains. And it's been fun having Marty be able to feel their movement as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun that you are going to have twins! That's so amazing. That must be a tough concept to grasp! I can't even imagine! Kelsi's at a good age to help a little ("Go get mommy another diaper!"). :)

Looking forward to more ultrasound pictures. Just curious, how common is it for twins to be delivered c-section?

Kristen (Albright) Borland